by Orvisoft Admin
4 months ago
Magento is a popular e-commerce platform that allows you to create a professional online store to sell your products. If you're planning on using Magento to power your online store, you'll first need to install it on your web server. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to install Magento:
- Download the Magento software: Go to the Magento website and click on the "Download" button. This will download a zip file containing the Magento software.
- Unzip the file: Extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Upload the files to your web server: Use a FTP client (such as FileZilla) to upload the Magento files to your web server. You'll need to have a domain name and hosting account set up in order to do this.
- Create a database: Magento requires a database to store all of your store's data. You'll need to create a new database and user on your web server, and then assign the user to the database.
- Run the Magento installation wizard: Once the files are uploaded and the database is set up, you can start the Magento installation wizard by visiting your domain name in a web browser. The wizard will guide you through the rest of the installation process, including setting up your store's base URL, currency, and other options.
- Complete the installation: Follow the prompts in the installation wizard to complete the installation. You'll need to create an admin account and configure some basic settings for your store.
That's it! With these steps, you should now have a fully functioning Magento store. Be sure to keep your Magento software up to date with the latest security patches and updates to ensure that your store stays safe and secure.